Food & Beverage
The challenges faced by the Food and Drink industry requires them to maximize the available space, manage different storage temperatures and respond to a high turnover of stock, whilst maintaining hygiene levels and product traceability.
LinkMisr experience have allowed us to develop a thorough understanding of all the key factors involved with food and drink industry storage, including flexibility, stock rotation, efficient pick rates and hygiene.
Our range of food and drink storage products has been designed to help you manage these issues and get the most from your storage capabilities.
We can provide bespoke storage solutions that are tailored to the needs of your company and have experience working across the entire food and drink sector supply chain
Store palletized Food and Drink on adjustable racking:
Even in a state of the art warehouse for Food and Drink, standard pallet racking is still the most common form of pallet storage. The versatility of this pallet racking system means this can be assembled in a single configuration, to fit your specific storage needs.
- Adjustable system.
- Heights of up to 30 m.
- Variable depths and widths.
- Suitable for the storage of all kinds of Food and Drink.
- 50mm beam height adjustment.
- Operational temperature from -30°C to +40°C
- Galvanized finish which prevents rust even at low temperatures
Food and Drink is generally packaged in some way which can then be easily stored on pallets. Depending on the layout of your warehouse, a range of aisle widths are possible to maximize your available space. Racking is not generally subject to any restrictions in layout and provides accessibility always to your goods.
Frozen Food storage with maximum space utilization
Cold storage warehouses are essential in the Food industry both for storing frozen food products and for keeping perishable items fresh.
- High density solutions such as Mobile Pallet Racking, Pallet Drive-In or Pallet SAT are ideal.
- Dense storage reduces the amount of space required to chill, cutting your running costs.
- Automated solutions to reduce picking time in chilled areas.
- Galvanized finish prevents rusting, even if you experience condensation issues.
- Our products operate effectively in harsh environment at temperatures down to -30°C.
- Opportunity to reduce the footprint of your Food storage area.
Achieve First-In-First-Out storage to keep your Food and Drink stock fresh.
Pallet Flow or Carton Flow is ideal for achieving FIFO picking. If goods have a high turnover, which is common in the Food and Drink industry, Pallet or Carton Flow ensures the product batches are shipped out in the correct order.
- Up to 60% less floor space is required than conventional racking.
- Automatic stock rotation ensures better traceability of Food and Drink batches.
- FIFO load and retrieval method only requires two aisles.
- High speed operation helps handle the goods quickly to prevent spoilage.
- Gravity fed to deliver goods to the front pick face, no automation required.
Food and Drink pallets are placed on sloping storage lanes and gravity moves the pallet forward along a roller bed. The speed of the pallet is controlled by a series of brake rollers and halted by a stop unit.
This type of storage is frequently used in the Drink industry and requires only two aisles, one for loading and one for retrieval.
Save time and space in your warehouse.
Pallet Drive-in and Pallet SAT provide an ideal bulk storage solution for the Food and Drink industry as it removes unnecessary picking aisles. This increases the amount of stock that can be held on a reduced footprint and is suitable for a range of temperatures.
Drive-in racking is suitable for storing large quantities of the same type of Food or Drink and is ideal for storing seasonal products using the First-In-Last-Out (FILO) principle.
The Pallet SAT system uses a semi-automated platform which moves within the racking to retrieve and place pallets, making it suitable for Food and Drink storage, offering improved picking rates.
- Increase storage capacity.
- Ideal for bulk storage.
- Create additional storage on a smaller footprint – saving costs in cold environment.
- The Pallet Shuttle offers increased picking rates for FILO and FIFO principle.
- Pallet Drive-in supports FILO principle.
- Temperature range between -30°C and +40°C.
Browse our range of storage products to see how we can help your company today or call us on +2012 718 83441.