Semi Automated System
Our pallet Satellite system is a space effective way to store bulk loads, such as food, drink and other palletized items, which are conventionally stored with drive-in or pallet live racking systems. Though efficient, these methods are usually limited by the length of the storage lane that can be practically achieved. Our Satellite racking system overcomes this by offering storage to greater lane depths via an automated shuttle that travels on support rails.
Pallets are loaded onto a shuttle at the front of the lane, which transports them down to the other end.
The built-in sensor on the shuttle racking system detects the position of next pallet and places the new load at a predetermined, but adjustable distance from them, before returning to the start face.
The shuttle movements are sent via the radio remote controller allowing the forklift truck operator to move onto the next task while the shuttle moves the pallet to the correct storage location. The shuttle is easily moved between lanes by a standard fork lift truck. So, the Pallet Shuttle System removes the need for forklift trucks to enter the aisles
- Pallet Satellite System will save you both time and space, which in the fast-moving world of logistics equates to saving money.
- Increased Storage Capacity.
- Optimization of storage, loading and unloading stages.
- High operating speeds.
- Good reliability (minimum maintenance for the Autosat® Shuttle and almost none for the racking).
- Reduced number of operators Reduced number of forklifts required No requirement for specialized forklift trucks Reduced operating costs.
- Cold store shuttle storage model that can be used in deep freeze environments of down to -30⁰C without loss of power or operational efficiency.
The Shuttle will automatically return to its start point as its battery life starts to diminish, allowing the operative to install a charged replacement battery or replace it with a second unit. This guarantees that the shuttle won’t stop mid-way within the racking system.
To find more about racking storage and our various pallet racking systems, speak to our expert team on +2012718 83441 .